During a trip to Graceland many years ago, I made a mental note of Elvis Presley’s favorite sandwich (peanut butter, bananas and bacon). It’s quite possible this snack was inspired by that sandwich (minus the bacon, although some of you might want to try that…you know who you are).
This is a simple healthy snack, great for kids and adults, and takes under five minutes to make. What you see in the picture above is:
- Creamy peanut butter (made in my VitaMix with just peanuts)
- Sprinkle of ground flax (ground from seed so it’s fresh)
- Drizzle of local raw honey
- Coating of homemade granola (thanks to Heather from 30 Day Vegan for this awesome recipe)
- All floating on top of perfectly ripe bananas…mmmm.
Getting Kids Doing! Tip: Ask your kids to use their imaginations to come up with their favorite combination of toppings for the fruit.
There are so many variations to this snack. Some we love are:
- Apples or pears instead of bananas
- Chocolate chips, raisins, goji berries
- Cashew, almond or sunflower seed butter (Hazelnut butter would be great on pears)
- Maple syrup or agave
What is your favorite flavor combination?